Tuesday, September 23, 2008

September 9

Flew Changchun, Bejing, Moscow today for the symposium in Penza. The organizers meet me in the morning and since I arrived in Moscow late I just found a good bench to stretch out on and get some sleep. By 6 am I am walking around the airport, Akmed spotted me as a sculptor and by the time we met with Valentina we had a group of about 10 sculptors sitting around sharing stories and coffee. Off the downtown Moscow as the bus to Penza doesn’t go out until about 9 or 10 tonight when all 49 of us are here. The metro (subway) was a real thrill but nothing compared to the architecture and art in the downtown. We did a walking tour of Red Square, the art museum……and had lunch at McDonalds. Ha ha ha, lots of traditional fare to follow I’m sure.





A group of us that went to downtown moscow

No comments: