Tuesday, September 23, 2008

September 19

Everything went smoothly today, I got in to the factory about 8:30 this morning and was finished turning by 1 or so. The rest of the day I visited with Andre and Demitrie, we shared woodworking tips and talked about fishing and just about everything else. I expected to pay for the time I spent on the lathe but when I offered that they shut me down and came out with the fanciest bottle of cognac I have ever seen. It is a hand made bottle in the shape of a sword with engraving and all on it. Seems I’m the one being paid here, big thanks to those guys.



My wood being loaded on the machine to make it round for the lathe

Demetrie and Andre, the guys from the wood shop that were nice guys and very helpful, they were very interested in what I was doing.

Yury Tchenko, one of the organizers and a great guy, he has this ability to put on a very straight face for pictures

No comments: